Number of Servings: 5 (2 blintzes and about 1/3 cup peach mixture per serving)
Hands on Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 2 hours
1 ¼ cups whole milk
2 large eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
½ tsp. kosher salt
3 Tbsp. salted butter, melted, plus more for greasing pan
1 ¼ cups ricotta cheese
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
¼ cup powdered sugar
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 large egg
¼ cup salted butter
2 large peaches, chopped (3 cups) (1 lb)
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ cup honey
Powdered sugar, for serving
- Combine milk, eggs, flour, salt, and melted butter in a blender. Blend until smooth. Cover and chill 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Combine ricotta, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, and egg in a food processor. Puree until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Prep the Blintz:
- Heat an 8 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and brush with melted butter. Pour about 3-4 tablespoons batter into skillet, swirling skillet to coat entire skillet with batter. Cook 30 seconds or until just set. Carefully flip crepe; cook 15 seconds to set bottom. Remove from skillet and repeat with remaining crepes.
- Place one crepe on a surface; spoon 2-3 tablespoons cheese filling into center of crepe. Fold two sides over filling and roll up, like a burrito (see video below at 0:25 for clarity of technique!). Repeat with remaining crepes and filling.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add peaches and cook 5 minutes or until just beginning to break down. Add cinnamon and honey; cook 1 minute.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium. Add half of blintzes and cook 2 minutes per side or until golden. Repeat with remaining butter and blintzes. Serve warm blintzes with peach mixture spooned over the top. Dust with powdered sugar.