This recipe was created by our friends at Pie Provisions!
1 Blind Baked Slab Pie using Pie Provisions Pie Crust Mix
4 cups Peaches, fresh or frozen for preserve
4 cups Peaches, fresh (for finished product)
1 Large Lemon, juiced
1 cup Sugar (you can use less or more, depending on how sweet the peaches are)
Sweet Cream Filling:
2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 cups Cream Cheese
½ cup Confectioners’ Sugar
Directions for Peach Preserve:
1. Combine 4 cups of peaches, lemon juice, and sugar in a medium sized sauce pot over high heat. Using a whisk or wooden spoon, stir until combined.
2. Bring peach filling to a boil. Once the filling boils, reduce the heat to medium and allow the peaches to continue to cook down. Stir occasionally. Remove the pot from the heat once the filling has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon and the peaches have broken-down into smaller chunks of fruit.
3. Pour peach preserve into a heat-proof container and allow to cool on counter for no more than 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Place preserve in the refrigerator to cool and thicken up more overnight (or for several hours).
4. This peach preserve will last in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Directions for Sweet Cream Filling:
1. Add heavy whipping cream and vanilla to a stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, mix on high until light and fluffy. Transfer the whipped cream to a different container and store in the refrigerator.
2. Add cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar to a stand mixer. Using a paddle attachment, begin mixing on low and gradually increase speed until smooth and creamy. Periodically turn off machine and scrape down sides with a spatula.
3. Remove whipped cream from the refrigerator and add it back into the stand mixer, combining it with the cream cheese and confectioners sugar. Mix on low and gradually increase speed until combined.
1. Fill the blind baked slab pie shell ¾ way up with the sweet cream filling. Spread evenly with a spatula. Top with plastic wrap and allow to set in refrigerator for minimum of 30 minutes.
2. Right before serving, remove plastic wrap. Place slices of fresh cut peaches in a horizontal pattern across the sweet cream filling.
3. To serve, cut the slab pie into rectangular portions. Using a spoon, carefully top each serving with preferred amount of peach preserve.
4. This pie is best served 1- 3 days after it has been made. Keep refrigerated.