Number of Servings: 4
Hands on Time: 20 min
Total Time: 4 hours 20 min
1 lb. very ripe peaches (about 3 medium peaches)
½ cup sugar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 ( ¼ oz) packet unflavored gelatin
¾ cup heavy cream
Pinch kosher salt
1 small peach, small diced (for topping)
1 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted, chopped
4 tsp. honey
- Peel peaches over a bowl, reserving juice. Discard skins. Tear peaches into large chunks into the bowl, squeezing the peach to release juices.
- Strain peaches, reserving ¼ cup juice. (If your peaches are not very ripe, and do not yield enough juice, you can use water to get ¼ cup total liquid.)
- Add reserved ¼ cup peach juice to a small saucepan and sprinkle gelatin over the top. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat the saucepan over low heat, stirring often, just until gelatin dissolves- do not overheat.
- Add peaches, any remaining peach juice, sugar, and lemon juice to a blender and blend until smooth. With blender running, slowly pour in dissolved gelatin.
- Pour mixture into a bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour or until cool and slightly thickened.
- Whip heavy cream and pinch of salt with a mixer on medium high speed 3 minutes or until soft peaks form. Whisk 1/3 of cream into chilled peach mixture. Gently fold in remaining cream.
- Spoon mixture into 4 (8 oz) individual serving glasses or ramekins. Cover and chill 3 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, combine diced peach, pine nuts, and honey. Spoon evenly over mousse.