There's no such thing as too many apples. If you have more than you can enjoy right now, there are so many ways to preserve them for longer. Apples are available at the grocery store all year, but truly in-season apples like ours are only here once a year. So, make the most of them! Here are some of our favorite ways to preserve the freshness to enjoy all year:
- Applesauce to enjoy now or freeze for later.
- Apple pie filling to freeze or can for later. (Tip: freeze in a pie pan then just drop in the crust when you're ready!)
- Apple butter is delicious and also makes a great gift.
- Can apples. Combine apple slices or chunks with a light, medium, or heavy syrup based on your preference and use your favorite canning method. You can even add sugar, vanilla, and Fall spices!
- Dehydrated apples or even homemade apple chips in an air fryer.
- DIY apple cider or apple juice.
- Freeze extra apple slices! Core and slice the apple and rinse in water with lemon juice (about 1 Tbsp per gallon water). Fill a freezer bag, remove air, and lay flat in the freezer.