A few weeks ago Stephen and I were working from home together (as usual) and started talking about what we could eat for lunch. We started to look in the refrigerator, pulled out some items and started cooking. Out of a fun experiment we came up with this Brussels sprout salad. It was so fun to cook with him!
We've made it a few times since and it's perfect for leftovers the next day. Cooking together in the kitchen...what goodies will come from it?
10 cups brussels sprouts (halved)
I diced onion
1 cup Quinoa
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1 cup pesto
1/3 cup walnuts
Sprinkling of goat cheese
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Dice onion and sauté until browned in coconut oil.
- Prepare Quinoa: 1 Cup quinoa to two cups water. Bring to a boil, then turn to low, cover and let cook for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Halve Brussels sprouts and add to sautéed onions.
- Cook for 10 minutes on medium.
- Add Quinoa, Pesto and Cranberries. Mix together.
- Plate and add goat cheese and walnuts.
until next time,